Most times we fly out of the Rochester Airport. It’s only about 30 minutes from our house. But if there is a significant savings we will fly out of the Buffalo Airport. It is about 1 hour and 30 minutes from our house. So it’s an extra couple hours round trip. But if we save a couple hundred dollars, we’ll drive a little farther.
We didn’t park on the airport, but actually chose to park across the street at a place called Sun Park. I forgot to look before we left but planned on finding a coupon for them before we returned.
We parked, unloaded our bags, and shortly a shuttle came and picked us up. The guy help us load our bags. We pulled up a couple spaces, and picked up a family. After their bags were loaded, we were off to the airport. The ride only took maybe 5 minutes. He dropped us off by gate, and helped us with our bags. I tipped him a couple bucks.
We went the Continental gate, and there were no customers there at all. I went to one of the kiosks, ran my credit card, answered a few questions, and it printed our tickets. The lady at the counter took our bags. Mine weighed about 38 pounds and my wife’s about 40 pounds. Both were well under the 50 pound limit.
Security was breeze. There was a line, but they had 3 or 4 stations open and the line moved quickly. It was the normal routine for these days. Take off our shoes, remove the laptop from the case, remove all the metal from our bodies, they scanned my wife, then me we gathered our stuff and made our way to the gate.
We stopped at the restroom. It was clean. I went into a stall, sat and started my business. The door swung open. The little latch now wouldn’t hold the door closed. I sat leaned forward holding the door closed trying to do my stuff. Finally I propped my laptop case in front of it to hold it closed.
Finally at the gate, the sign for our flight show departure at 4:50, five minutes earlier than the tickets stated. That’s fine. I don’t mind leaving a little early.
There is WIFI here at the airport but it costs money. So I am type into a word document, and will upload later. My laptop battery is getting a little low, so I pulled out the charger, and plugged into a wall socket. Hopefully I can get a good charge so I can work on the plane. Then maybe I can plug in at the Newark airport. Maybe I should look at getting another battery for this thing.